Friday, November 13, 10am - 12pm
Friday, December 4, 10am - 12pm
Create your own treasured keepsake! Originating in the Dalarna province in central Sweden, wooden Dala Horses were first created as a child's toy by forest-cabin-dwelling whittlers in the early 19th century. Rising in popularity, Dala Horses were as good-as-gold during times of economic hardship and exchanged for household goods during the long cold winter months. Dala Horses have become a symbol of authentic Swedish handicraft and one of Sweden's most popular souvenirs. This kit is designed with a numbered template to guide students through each step. The "Dala Horse" outline is fired onto a clear base which students will decorate with a range of colorful glass frit! Then we will fire it again onto a white background and slump into an 8.5" plate. Relax and have fun while you "glass"-by-number this timeless Dala Horse plate!
No experience necessary.
Instructor: Emma Clixby
Recommended for all ages, adults and children 6+.
PLEASE NOTE : If we notice you are not wearing a mask, or practicing safe distancing from others outside your group we will kindly remind you. If you are unable to correct the behavior, we will kindly ask that we pack your glass project up into a Kit for you to create at home. If you exhibit obvious signs of illness during class we will also suggest we pack your glass project up into a Kit for you to create at home. If you are with children over the age of 2, please help them keep their mask on at all times. We are grateful for your understanding as we try to keep our studio space as safe and healthy as possible. Your registration is an agreement to this policy. Feel free to contact us ahead of your class for any health/safety questions! We are here for you! - 513-321-0206.
A few details about class:
- CLASSROOM: We have made important physical changes to our indoor classroom to safely accommodate in-person workshops this holiday season. All tables are spaced over 6' apart. You will only be sat at a table with the group you registered. All students must practice safe distancing and wear masks while inside the building. You will be asked to take your temperature upon arrival. In the case of a full classroom, your projects can be picked up as To-Go Kits! (This is always an option if you prefer to make your glass project at home). CLICK HERE to view our To-Go Kits.
- RESERVATIONS: Sign-up today for the number of projects you would like to create (may be one or more for each guest).
- GLASS MATERIALS: There will be no shared "buffet" materials. Your table will be set up with all the glass materials you will need for your project at your spot.
- STAFF INSTRUCTION: Our Glassroom instructors will be available to greet you, take you to your individual table, and answer questions while you work. There will be no large group instruction. You may request additional projects to make or take home, and our team will bring everything you need to your table.
- SAFETY: Please practice social distancing with other customers and staff at all times. All tables, chairs, and glass materials will be cleaned and sanitized before you arrive and again after you leave.
- MASKS: According to the current mask order for Hamilton County, customers and staff must wear masks outside when closer than 6ft apart. Staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields during class at all times. If class is moved inside, in accordance with the county issued mask order, all participants must wear masks. We encourage you to be thoughtful of those around you and wear masks when near any other students or staff outside your family unit.
- EYE PROTECTION: We require eye protection while creating your glass project. We have safety glasses available (sanitized), but if you prefer to wear your own eyeglasses, sunglasses, safety glasses, or even goggles (!) bring them with you to class.
- REFRESHMENTS: We will have individual water and sparkling water for sale. You are welcome to bring your own water/snacks.
- FIRING: Your projects will be ready to pick up 1-week from your class date.
- COVID-19: By registering for this workshop you agree to only participate if you are healthy and free of any symptoms, COVID-19 typical symptoms or otherwise. You agree to not risk the health of other participants and staff by staying home if there is any illness in question or if you have been exposed to someone else who is COVID-19 positive or suspected positive. You will be given credit to be applied to a future workshop should you need to miss class due to illness. You also acknowledge that Brazee is not responsible should you fall ill during or after your workshop.
This workshop is designed for adults of all ages and children 6+.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Call - 513-321-0206.
We recommend wearing closed-toed shoes when working with glass.
Cancellation Policy: Please be sure you can attend class at the time of registration. 24-hour notice required to keep the payment as a CREDIT to be used towards another class. All sales final, no refunds.