Tuesday, November 3 + Wednesday, November 4
5pm - 8pm each day
Create priceless glass keepsakes you'll cherish for years to come in our new Memory Series! This two-day workshop is all about celebrating your best furry friends. Transform your favorite pet photos into a beautiful 8'' fused glass plate or panel, and one hanging ornament. Want to use photos other than pets? No problem! Join us for an experience designed to create both lasting memories and lasting mementos.
Students must email two photos of their choice to - firstname.lastname@example.org - at least 48 hours before class time. We will supply your glass-friendly photo decals when you arrive for class. Students will be instructed how to apply their photo decals to their bases, as well as design and decorate their piece using a range of colorful glass accessories.
Image 1 - PLATE or PANEL - 6'' x 6''
Image 2 - ORNAMENT - 3'' x 3''
- Brazee will turn your color photos into black + white, so pick photos with contrast.
Your photos will turn sepia when fired in the kiln.
- PLATE or PANEL - Your photos will be printed to fit within a 6'' square or a 5''x7'' rectangle (size determined by shape of original photo, or crop your image to a square or rectangle).
- ORNAMENT - Your photos will be printed to fit within a 3''x3'' square. If your photo is a rectangle, crop it into a square before sending. Let us know if you need help!
- If possible, select a photo with a white or solid background. Avoid distracting or busy backgrounds.
- Only have a cell phone pic? We can probably work with it! Send it over.
- You will be contacted if we don't think your image will create a beautiful final piece, and we'll work with you to find one that does.
- Questions? Call - 513-321-0206
A few more details about class:
- CLASSROOM: This workshop will take place in our large and spacious classroom. Our student work tables are 8' long, and no more than 2 students will be placed at a single table.
DEMO: Our instructor will give an intro and demonstration at the beginning of class. Students will be spread out 6' apart during the demonstration.
GLASS MATERIALS + TOOLS: Your work station will be set up with all the glass materials and tools you will need to create your project. There will be no sharing of tools or materials.
SAFETY: Please practice social distancing with other customers and staff at all times. Staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields. All tables, chairs, and glass materials will be cleaned and sanitized before you arrive and again after you leave.
MASKS: Staff will be wearing masks and/or face shields during class. We request that students also wear masks while inside the studio building.
EYE PROTECTION: We require eye protection while creating your glass projects. We have safety glasses available (sanitized), but if you prefer to wear your own eyeglasses, sunglasses, safety glasses, or even goggles (!) bring them with you to class.
REFRESHMENTS: We sell a range of water, sparkling water, and wine!
FIRING: Your project(s) will be fired and ready for pick up one week from the class date.
COVID-19: By registering for this workshop you agree to only participate if you are healthy and free of any symptoms, COVID-19 typical symptoms or otherwise. You agree to not risk the health of other participants and staff by staying home if there is any illness in question or if you have been exposed to someone else who is COVID-19 positive or suspected positive. You will be given credit to be applied to a future workshop should you need to miss class due to illness.
Email - email@example.com
Call - 513-321-0206.
Students must wear closed-toed shoes in the studio.
Projects will be available for pickup one week after class date.
Cancellation Policy: Please be sure you can attend class at time of registration. 24 hour notice required to keep payment as CREDIT to be used towards another class. All sales final, no refunds.